Saturday 19 June 2010

I hit a new low


And I really thought things couldn't get worse...
Went to buy a shirt for my by job interview tomorrow. And since everything was so cheap there, decided to also purchase a spring coat (as you should in the windy, rainy english summer). Card declined.
I asked the checkouts girl to just put the shirt through. Card declined again.
Right. I was holding the queue and people were staring at me, so I decided to leave with my head down.
Went to check my balance: 4 pounds. That's all I have until the end of the month. As my only real friend around here is in Spain (she had the ticket booked already and I told her I couldn't go with her, which was wise, I couldn't afford a holiday), I had to call my husband, who didn't even try to call me these past couple of days.
So I will see him today, and I ask for money.
We all should get a lesson from this: If you want to quit everything, just make sure you have enough money to do it.

1 comment:

  1. Você é uma das pessoas mais corajosas que conheço, como deve estar sendo difícil manter a cabeça no lugar com tudo isso. Acho que agiu muito bem de pedir ajuda a ele, vocês não se odeiam, não são inimigos, apenas terminaram, não se sinta mal por isso, essa fase vai passar e você vai ficar bem logo, acredite!

    ReplyDelete