Monday 28 June 2010

All's well that ends well

The title and the photo gave it away. Yes, things are much better now.
I am now working as junior manager of the wine shop who interviewed me a while ago (I couldn't take the job back then, and now I wish I had). I am really enjoying it.
It is a very small team of nice people. French and Italian. We are all married, all down to earth, all in love with wine and football, which means we do get together to drink wine while watching the world cup matches.
(England, Italy and France are all out, but I am still cheering for Brazil.) 
It is very relaxed, very easy going and even though I am earning less and working more, I feel this is definitely a much better suited position for moi.
We talk about wine with each other and with customers, we cook good Italian or French food and work hard too - but always with pleasure. It is inWimbledon (South London) and since the famous tennis matches are on now, we are quite busy, with lots of famous tennis players, and many Americans and Australians customers- who we always try to convert to French wine drinkers.
As for home, I moved back to mother in law's, with the condition we would look for a place immediately. And we are. Though me and my husband disagree about the budget. The thing is...he is cheap and I am not. But we are trying to compromise. 
Things with him improved anyways and he is definitely trying to be more attentive and negotiate his time at work and have the same days off as I do (in retail we can do that).
In the end - hoping this is the at least temporary end of our problems - everything worked out for the best. I do not regret having left. As a friend of mine says (are you there, Erika?), every husband should feel like they could lose their wife, at any moment.
And mine certainly does now.
All's Well that Ends Well (Oxford World's Classics)

2 comments:

  1. Hi, estou tão feliz que vocês voltaram e que você está gostando do seu trabalho (aí sim é uma coisa rara rs. Fantástico!) Isso de sentir que pode perder é regra e foi bom você tocar nesse assunto porque eu ando esquecida disso, tô precisando muito praticar. Amiga, amanhã tô me mudando para São José dos Campos, tomara que logo eu possa acessar a internet e a voltar para esse mundo de blogs fantásticos no qual estou viciada! Beijos, até breve!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new job! It sounds very fun (and a heck of a lot better than your last position). I bet all the famous-tennis-player watching isn't bad either. ;)

    I'm glad to hear you're back with your husband as well! I'm sure you two will find a place of your own in no time. And I so agree with your friend's quote -- that's exactly the way it should be, hehe.

    ReplyDelete