Monday 12 April 2010

Newlywed


As you know, I am a newlywed. Oh joy. I am completely, absolutely, deeply in love with my husband. I really am. Even though he doesn't like wine (or anything alcoholic except if colorful and sweet). Even though he's got an ever-growing belly. Even though he doesn't like reading. And likes to play videogames at the not so tender age of 30. I adore him.
I am not a good wife, I must admit. I am not a good cook, I am too lazy to clean the house (what's the matter of hiring a cleaner anyways?). And not only I'm bad with domestic tasks, I am also jealous. Very jealous. It's not pretty and I'm not proud of it. But I am. Blame it on my childhood or something.
My parents divorced when I was one. My mother remarried and got divorced again. My dad is now deceased. I don't really have a fantastic idea of marriage. I have a realistic one I suppose.
Still I want to work hard at it. I want to be a great wife. No, I won't take any shit from my husband but I still don't want him to be scared of me! (Right?) Though I like that Dustin Hoffman once said that the secret of his 30-year-marriage was that he was very, very scared of his wife. Brilliant.
Sooo...I decided to order this lovely book on the left
I will let you know later how it went. If it gave some great insights about married life and its secrets. Or if I'm just another dumb woman who buys self help books that will tell me what I already know, but never been bothered to do it, and probably will never do it anyways.
So watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment